Compassionate, Creative Care for Depression
Contact Creative Care
MENTAL HEALTH TREATMENT · DUAL DIAGNOSIS · SPECIALIZED PROGRAMS
What is depression?
Depression is a serious mental health disorder that drains pleasure from daily life, complicates other medical conditions, and can be severe enough to cause suicide.
While serious and potentially debilitating, depression is one of the most common mental health disorders, affecting more than 264 million people worldwide, according to the World Health Organization. Unfortunately, only about one third of those people will seek professional help for their disorder.
What are the symptoms of depression?
- A persistent empty, sad, or low mood or feelings of hopelessness
- Changes in sleep patterns, including sleeping too much or too little, and waking early in the morning or the middle of the night
- Irritability and restlessness or trouble sitting still
- Anhedonia and loss of interest in hobbies and pleasurable activities
- Fatigue and low energy
- “Brain fog” and difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
- Appetite changes, including overeating or a loss of interest in food
- Unexplained aches and pains, headaches, or digestive problems
- Thoughts of death and suicide
What causes depression?
Current research suggests that it is the result of genetic, biological, psychological, and environmental factors. For some clients, it may be a combination of these, while others may be able to point to a single reason.
For example, people with a family history of depression have a much higher risk for the disease. Additionally, scientists believe that an imbalance in brain chemicals called neurotransmitters can contribute to depression’s development.
Finally, difficult life events such as childhood trauma, the death of a loved one, or loss of employment can also increase the risk of depression.
What are the treatments for depression?
While depression is a very serious mental health condition, it is also very treatable. In fact, an overwhelming majority of people who seek treatment report improvement with therapy, medication, or a combination of the two.
The experienced team at Creative Care offers an intensive, residential mental health program to treat your depression holistically, attacking the problem from all angles. Individual therapy will be key, as will group counseling sessions. Additionally, your treatment may include medications, family or couples therapy, art therapy, or yoga and other relaxation therapies.
Our team personalizes each treatment plan and bases them on each individual’s needs to give you or your loved one the best chance for success. For compassionate, innovative depression treatment, contact Creative Care today.